Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Homeschool Project

I have decided to create a new group on flickr. This is far out of my comfort zone, but this year my mantra is "Get the hell out of your comfort zone, Erin!"

I currently have about 100 groups in my flickr groups list; two of which I post to regularly. Honestly, I have created this new group because I just want a place where I can increase my photographic toolbox without feeling like I have to put the same comment (Great tone! Amazing light!) on everyone’s picture (of course if I commented this on YOUR picture, then I really meant it. Really.) This is why I am, selfishly, creating a NEW group that fits my needs, and maybe other peoples' needs, too.

This is what I need:
1. Motivation to step outside of the naturally lit, SOOC/same old Photoshop-techniqued box that I have currently been taking pictures from.

2. A reason to research and try the multitude of cool photography techniques, tools, tricks and styles that I see here on flickr.


Below is a list of things I want to learn and try. I will research each technique on the interwebs and post what I have learned here on my blog.* What do you want to learn or try? Flickr mail me and I will add it to the list.

1. Tilt-shift maker
2. Black and white
3. Little planets
4. Streets and strangers
5. Night shots
6. Macro
7. Perspective distortion
8. Image stitching I: Panorama
9. Image stitching II: Panography
10.Image stitching III: Vertical panorama
11.High Dynamic Range (HDR)
12.Smoke art
13.RAW processing: before and after
14.Created still life
15.Reflections
16.Stop motion
17.New model (one you’ve never used)
18.New location (one you’ve never shot at)
19.HDR portrait
20.Light painting
21.Star trails
22.Create your own bokeh
23.Contre-jour (aka: silhouette)
24.Fill flash
25.High speed

*I can’t guarantee that it will be completely accurate information. I also can’t guarantee that posts will be made in a timely manner. Additionally I may get bored and quit this halfway through. Or I might get hit by a truck. Hopefully neither of these things happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment